Find out more about IT Security Software
What is IT Security Software?
IT security software protects a computer or network from security hazards and hackers. System typology includes encryption software, firewall programs, spyware detection software, antivirus software and others. Popular operating systems come with pre-loaded security software. Internet users are especially advised to use the latest versions of IT security software for important tasks such financial investment and online banking or shopping. This type of solution has become essential for both individual computer users as well as large enterprises as they both need to protect their data and systems from malware and hackers. Read on to learn about the leading apps in this category and know more about Keeper which our review team currently rates as the best of the group.
Most Popular IT Security Software
Best IT Security Software
How To Choose The Best IT Security Software
I think we all realize that a 100% trustworthy protection of digital data does not exist. As companies tend to automate more and more online processes they become increasingly vulnerable to threats, and that’s especially true for larger enterprises. However, it is still a good idea to do what you can to minimize the risk of security breaches with reliable IT security software that will allow you to at least control the main attack points on your data.
IT Security Software for enterprises and SMBs: The tool to mark your business ‘safe’
Unfortunately, it takes as much as one vulnerable patch for viruses to attack entire systems, and the worst part of it is that you don’t know which one it is. Most document processing and project management programs have advanced security policies, which justifies to a certain extent the bank-breaking sums companies invest to manage business the digital way. The thing is that you can’t evaluate the effectiveness of that protection until you’re forced to do it. Among others, that’s a reason why you should consider general prevention from malware instead of looking for a program once the damage is already done.
How to choose the best IT security software for small business and large enterprises though? Luckily for us, the more we rely on computers and mobile devices to do business, the more antiviruses and IT security programs are being developed. Their role is not simply to remove threats from our systems, but to prevent them from attacking it at the first place. Depending on your needs, you’ll have to evaluate a variety of factors before you choose the best IT security software system, but your best bet is still to go to a reputable vendor, and to mark your operations ‘safe’ before you include anybody in them.
Get to know each product with free trial
We advise you to start your search for a good software by signing up for the free trials of leading apps. This will enable you to check out their list of features at no cost. You can register for the free trials of the following apps which have received a high SmartScore and user satisfaction rating in the IT security software category: Kaseya VSA reviews, Mailbox Exchange Recovery, and MozyPro.
- Individuals, freelancers, and startups can protect their data and browse the internet safely with IT security software.
- Small and medium-sized companies as well as large enterprises can use IT security software to safeguard their data from hackers and cyber-criminals.
What are Examples of IT Security Software?
- Kaseya VSA: Kaseya VSA (Virtual Server Architecture) is a cloud-based, IT management, network security, and remote monitoring solution.
- BetterCloud: BetterCloud offers cloud office platforms with automated management, intuitive data security, and critical insights.
- Mailbox Exchange Recovery: Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery repairs corrupt Exchange Server Database (EDB) files and restores inaccessible mailboxes.
- Load Impact: It is a popular cloud-based load testing software that is used by thousands of companies around the world.
- MozyPro: MozyPro cloud backup service allows you to schedule backups to be run daily, weekly, or monthly.
Types of IT Security Software
- Anti-virus – This type protects you from the millions of viruses stalking the internet.
- Firewall – It is essential to protect your computer and data from automated viruses and hackers. A firewall also monitors your network for deadly traffic.
- Emergency security – A virus can slip through and disable your main security system. If that happens an anti-malware security like Malwarebytes can detect and destroy the malware to restore your computer.
- Website reputation – This type protects you from malicious websites that try to dupe you into giving away personal information or download viruses.
- Password protection – Helps to create and store passwords safely
- Social sites – A software like Bitdefender SafeGo protects you on social websites like Facebook that are increasingly being used to spread spyware, adware, and other viruses.
Key Features of IT Security Software
- Agentless monitoring – Helps you monitor your IT network and system automatically without human aid.
- Capacity monitoring – Helps to monitor the capacity of your IT network.
- Compliance management – Ensures your IT infrastructure meets all compliance requirements.
- Event logs – All events are captured in the logs for future reference.
- Patch management – Helps to manage patches and fixes to IT software.
- Remote-control management and access – You can remotely access computers in your network as well as outside to troubleshoot issues.
- User-activity monitoring – Keeps tab on user activity on your IT network.
Benefits of IT security Software
With all that sensitive business data stored on your device, are you really ready to rely on security guarantees to wait for a threat and defeat it? As we already highlighted, preventing targeted attacks and corporate espionage is IT programs’ area of expertise, which makes them your smartest investment for the future:
- IT security systems prevent loss of critical information: The first consequence of every corruption in your system is that you’ll lose all data stored on them, the same as the expensive apps and plugins you’ve installed before. Rebuilding and reinstalling will cost much more than purchasing an IT security system, so count your odds. You never know where the threat is coming from.
- IT security systems allow you to communicate freely: With a robust security system, you can establish global communications and share information without being afraid that it will get lost (or even worse, that a harmful code will be attached to it).
- IT security systems empower emergency preparedness: With safeguards being a priority above solutions, IT security systems guarantee that you’ll be alerted each time an intruder tries to attack your system. At the same time, they have a pre-developed strategy to react fast, usually before attackers even manage to enter the system.
- IT security systems detect internal fraud: These systems don’t only monitor your external web activity, they also track what is happening inside your system. This makes them the perfect tools to identify financial crime or to prevent even unwanted mistakes, such as information leaking from unsecured trails.
- IT security systems are integrated with your existing software infrastructure: And this means that they comply with (and work on the basis of) existing business regulations. They won’t let you cross security boundaries without being notified, and they will protect all your records by simply being given access to them.
Understanding malware: the mobile challenge
Managing projects has overcome the 9 to 5 routine a long time ago, and many critical operations are performed via phones and mobile devices. Mobile networks are definitely invaluable for productivity and efficiency, but they are at the same time the perfect environment for viruses to spread and to target more carriers that you could ever imagine. This only highlights the importance of your security software being able to handle mobile threats too.
In order to list the specifications of your future IT security system, you have to know exactly which threads you’re facing at the moment:
Viruses: There are plenty of ways in which a virus can infect your system and spread in it, the accent being once again on mobile viruses that spread the fastest. The fact that there are just two operating systems that dominate the market makes it easy for a virus to travel the network and to harm/disable some of your basic operations.
Bluesnarfing: This is a common business problem, as it refers to data theft using Bluetooth-enabled devices. In the worst possible scenario, the attacker will lay hands on your phone’s serial number, and it will be used to download information and disable your apps even when Bluetooth is not connected.
Bluejacking: Bluejacking refers to intentionally designed features accidentally installed on your devices to communicate on your behalf and to send unwanted messages. The most dangerous among them can even spread malware on other systems, and with an anonymous driver behind, you’ll be completely unable to discover who or what is causing your problems. Still, regular updating of your mobile system should be enough to prevent them.
Document viruses: These viruses use the macros from your spreadsheet/word processing software to infect file by file until the entire system is endangered. They spread pretty fast because all it takes to activate them is to open an infected file.
Boot sector viruses: They are most of the time external threads, namely the ones you ‘catch’ from infected devices (USBs, for instance). They stand for the most dangerous ones, as they look immediately for your boot sector program (the one you’re using to run the device), and they replace it with their own. Once that’s done, the modified boot program starts editing files and programs on your computer completely out of your control.
Spyware: Spyware is technically adware making use of its ‘harmless’ reputation to collect knowledge from your system. The most popular spyware feature is the so-called keylogger whose role is to monitor all of your operations (browsing habits included), and to slow them down until they’re completely disabled.
To pay or not to pay?
With all the free antivirus apps available on the net, one simply wonders whether paying for a security product actually makes sense. The ball is in your court, and you get to decide whether your server data is endangered or not, but we feel obliged to remind you that basic antiviruses won’t prevent an attack. In fact, they will hardly be able to respond to it.
Then, if it makes sense to pay for an IT security system, how much are you supposed to pay? The price will depend on the features, so you have to understand what you really expect from the system instead of simply choosing a financially attractive option. Remember to make calculations in the form of TCOs (total cost of ownership), because most vendors send one-time licenses that need to be updated and upgraded on regular basis. At the same time, you need to consider concurrent costs, such as installation, training, support, and maintenance (overall, they could increase the cost by 50-70% of the initial investment).
List of IT Security Software Companies
Page last modified
Our website makes use of our unique SmartScore™ algorithm to analyze all the software in the IT Development Software category so that we can help you pick the best possible software. It includes the following aspects: main features, collaboration possibilities, customization, available integrations, how easy a software is to use and learn, help & support, security, mobile support, general media ratings. At the moment, Microsoft Visual Studio is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. Following thorough evaluation it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the options for your business.
A summary of total user satisfaction with the solutions in our IT Development Software category based on our unique algorythm that gathers user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media platforms in order to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Each vendor in the IT Security Software category will provide a different set of pricing plans for its product and every package will include a different group of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package offered for each service. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the IT Security Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Check what languages and countries are served by the best B2B apps in the IT Security Software category, including services aimed at international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Examine which pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the IT Security Software category to check which one suits your business needs and expenses best. Note that specific services can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
An analysis of which types of clients a given B2B solution in the IT Security Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.